Thursday, November 01, 2007

Douchebag Magnet

I wrote a post a few weeks back, and "Jo asked me to clarify it a bit, so here we go:

Online Guy = Fireman.

Makeout Guy #1 = did not end up making out with me any further that night.

The same night as the post in question, Fireman was the one who ended up coming out with me, and not Makeout Guy #1. He met my friends, he came drinking with us...and then he attempted to pull a fast one on me. Having just come from work, he wanted to shower before we went out, so I met him quickly at my place so that he could do just that. He asked if he could check his e-mail, I said of course, and went out to walk the dog. Upon my return, his quick little hands just weren't quick enough. I managed to see that he'd been checking his online dating profile...at my house! against my better judgment, I shrugged it off, we went out and enjoyed the rest of our night. Kind of. He failed to impress my friends, didn't even try, actually. He made a few comments that made me question his intentions. Still, I let him stick around. (Yes, I know now that I am an idiot)

For the next couple of weeks, things were OK. We had a few dinners, went out to a few events, talked daily...and then the kicker--he introduced me to his sister. That threw me for a loop, but still I didn't take it all that seriously.

This past weekend came, he called asking if he could come and see me after work, I agreed. We had a nice night in...watched some TV, had a little nap, he bought dinner for us, we watched a movie, and then went to bed. He was affectionate, sweet, didn't try anything as he knew I wasn't feeling well. I was once again thrown for a loop, because it seemed like things were different, like he was trying to be the nice guy that he'd been in the beginning. I was still wary, but was wondering if maybe things were starting to change.

They weren't.

I had drinks Tuesday afternoon with a few co-workers (read: we got shmammered) and I started flirting with him via text. He made a comment about he had to work that night, but that he had a friend who was fun. That pissed me off, so I wrote him back something along the lines of "Not sure if you know, but I kinda like you and don't really want to hang out with anyone but you. How do you feel about that?"

His reply "Whoa that's crazy talk" followed up with a "I bad news"

My response? " Not crazy talk. Drunk talk. Still mean it though, sorry if that freaks u out"

We've spoken every day since we first started talking, but since then? Nothing, not a word. At least now I know how he feels about the situation and about me.
Sad, really. I thought he was a nicer guy than he actually turned out to be, when in reality, he's a game playing prick who was just in it for fun. Too bad he hadn't been honest about that from the very beginning, because he really sold me on the fact that he was looking for something more, and I did genuinely like him. I guess I was just a convenience while he looked for something better. I wish him good luck with finding it.

In the meantime, I've got a little rendezvous of my own planned tonight with Makeout Guy #2 (that's a whole other story)...right after I pen a kiss off letter to Fireman.

I'm thinking of something short and sweet--"Dating Rule #24: Don't Check Your Online Dating Account at the House of the Girl You're Currently Dating. P.S. You suck. A lot."

1 comment:

jo said...

oh the fireman is an idiot!! he said it himself... "I bad news"

but still i gotta hand it to you for being so honest (yay to alcohol for those moments!) and telling him that you kinda like him. half the time i wanna tell dj guy that... then again nothing says i like you then come make out with me haha!