Thursday, November 08, 2007

Good day, ma'am!

Life has been a bit of a rollercoaster when it comes to my heart lately. A really big ass, mother honkin' rollercoaster with sudden drops and twists and moments where you think your stomach is just gonna drop to your knees and then come right back up again.

I never know at the beginning of each day what is going to happen, or how things are going to turn out, yet I always start it out with a big ol' grin and a grain of salt.
Most days end up the same way that they start, but in between there are many ups and downs.

Today, though, has been the exception. Lots of ups, and not one down that I can think of (I swear to you, I'd better not be jinxing myself by saying that!! You hear me, powers that be?!?!)

It started out with a nice little text from MB#2 "Rumor has it that if u r ready in 20 u get a free ride to work today...good morning", followed by a quick visit over breakfast. Lots of progress made at work, an e-mail from a friend long out of touch, a great visit with my physiotherapist telling me that I am A-OK to start working out again after the accident. Add to that an e-mail thanking me "more than anything, for being a friend lately...I have really needed it" and telling me that I am "kinda cool!"

How can a girl not be smiling after that? I'll tell ya...it just doesn't happen.

1 comment:

jo said...

yay! we all need truly good days like that... hope the happies continue...