I don't like scary movies. They give me nightmares...make me hate being home alone...make me hate going into the garage alone...make me not want to go into public bathrooms unless I am certain that there is someone else in there with me...preferably someone that I have seen actually going into the washroom.(know where that comes from yet?)
I watch them through my fingers, with my hood pulled up, face burrowed into the shoulder of the person next to me. Hopefully it's someone I know. I sit there with bugged out eyes, my heart races, I jump at the scary parts...and the non-scary parts, too!
So, tonight, I decide to go to a movie with my brother. A scary one. Or at least to me. Actually, this movie should be scary to everyone. THIS actually happens to people. Terrifying.
Those of you who know me will know 2 things quite well.
1) I cannot swim
2) I am terrified of water (see above)
Maybe not the brightest idea I've ever had, but hey...let's go and see Open Water. Sounds like fun!!
The anticipation grows the closer we get to the theatre. I just know that this will make me even more afraid than I already am, if that is humanly possible. (It is possible, by the way)
And I watch...I actually watch the whole thing. I think because I am so afraid that I cannot physically make myself cover my eyes or even shut them. The movie itself is not that entertaining (although the "making of" is pretty interesting) but it screws with your mind. It MAKES you think about what it would be like to be in that situation....stranded in the middle of the ocean with sharks all around you. I'd die of a heart attack before they could come within 100 feet of me. I'll save the ending for those of you who haven't seen it, but trust me...it's disturbing.
So, if you like to engage in self-torture like myself, go and see it. I did. And now I will NEVER, EVER go into the ocean - EVER. Or the lake for that matter. Hell, I might not even make it into the bath tub for a few months.
Good thing I don't have a water bed.
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment