Why is life always such a paradox? You know...everyone always wants the exact opposite of what they have. Curly haired girls want straight hair...girls with big boobs want smaller ones...guys want girlfriends, but don't want commitment. The guys you meet that you want to call, don't, and the ones that you meet that you really aren't bothered too much about, call...all the time. You can see where I'm going with this, right?
At the bar, meet a nice guy...hot, tall, handsome boy graduate type...seems nice enough. Considerate in...well, let's just say areas where girls want guys to be considerate. You get his number, he gets yours...next logical step would be a phone call, right? Now this one doesn't count quite yet, as it was only 2 days ago...but it happens all the time. To pretty much everyone I know...you meet this nice guy/girl at the bar, have a connection with them. And then it goes no further. You wait for a phone call...Sometimes you call them first, even. But it rarely goes further than that.
My question is...WHY?!?!? Why does it even happen...why do you meet someone who is ultimately going to let you down? The promise of a phone call, the promise of a date...whatever the case may be. Why do we always get our hopes up?
I know I sound bitter right now...but I really am not. Yet...I'm just recently single, so I haven't had it happen to me too many times yet. But I've seen a lot of my friends, more girls than guys, go through it. And it sucks! It's one of the worst feelings...thinking that this person that you thought you had a connection with is going to call. Every time your phone rings, you jump in hopes that it's that person on the other end of the line.
And it's not...so a simple request from me to you. If you get a number at the bar, or pub, or wherever, call that person. Just once. If you don't plan on calling them again, try to tell them that. But call them at least once, to be fair. At least that way their ego won't be too badly bruised.
More ranting -
I had a conversation with a (guy) friend at the bar last night...we talked about handsome boy graduate type that I had met at the bar the previous night. Wondered if he was going to call. Friend in question says, no, he won't...most guys won't call a girl that they took home from the bar...as he put it...how could they respect you? Well, let me tell you this!!!
Just because I went home and fooled around with a guy that I had just met at the bar, it doesn't make me a bad person. I'm human, I was drunk, he was hot, I like sex. We're both consenting adults, we both wanted the same thing. So why does that make me a tramp, and he probably got high 5's from his buddies as soon as I left in the morning?
The way society looks at this REALLY irks me. If 2 single people choose to do something such as this, why is one of us (read - female ) made to look bad? It's stupid, and biased, and it's just not fair. But it's something that is thought to be acceptable in our supposedly non-biased world. And I think it's bullshit.
I know a girl who slept with her fiance...yes, you read it right, FIANCE!! on the first day that they met. And they are happy in love. So there you have it, guy friend...it can happen, and you are a pessimist, and now I've said my piece and feel a lot better.
So now I am going to bed...with a little wish that my phone will ring in the next few days and it will be HBG type. Hey, stranger things have happened.
I
Sunday, August 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment