Thursday, August 26, 2004

Broken hearted

Today, I feel like my heart is breaking. I don't know why today, of all days, this is happening to me. Maybe in a past life, this was a special day for me. Maybe the loss of the past month has finally caught up to my heart. Either way, the sadness of it all is wrapping itself around me.

mylemonadelife wrote:

When I close off to the world, why does my heart break so?
When I open up my arms, why does my heart break then too?
Could it be broken hearted is pure?
Does a broken heart mean that I am alive and when my heart heals fully I will fly off into the open air?
Love.
And you will be loved.
Trust me.
And know that with wings or with feet, in gravity or in weightlessness, there will be a star waiting at the end for you.

I like that...for whatever reason, reading it today lifted my spirits that tiny little bit that I needed. My heart suddenly didn't feel as heavy as it did in moments previous. The silver lining on my black cloud is starting to shine again.
A small smirk comes back onto my face...the weekend is approaching, my old roomie is in town.
Let the games begin - well, continue, actually. She's been here since last weekend.
And with that comes the promise of fun times, lack of sleep, and bad hangovers at work. We're off to volunteer our time to all the lonely HBG's out there. Watch out!
Heart broken, shmart-shmoken.

No comments: