Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Flush it all away

I have found the man of my dreams.

Tall.
Dark.
Handsome.
Sexy.
Fit.
Nice.
Considerate (& great!!) in bed.
Ambitious.
Has a future.
Is a hockey player.

Floooooosshhhhhh...hear that?

Yup, that's the sound of my dream man ideals flushing down the toilet with those two little words. Hockey. Player.

Yes, yes, I know. Not ALL hockey players are bad news...but the majority of them are. It's because they can be, as suckers like me fall for them each and every day. They know it. We know it. Nothing will ever change that.

Somewhere, in the back of the mind of every female who meets one, is the thought that THEY will be the one to break them of their hockey player-ness. Come on, girls, you know it's true. The first step is admitting it! ;-)

I, for a fleeting moment (ok, fleeting week), was one of those girls. And then, this morning, as I woke up, I realized that the past week and a bit were all just a brief rendezvous, something that came along to help me through a rough patch in my newly found single existence. And it worked.

I have realized that no matter how much I was worried about not finding anything better, that there is something better. I have realized that no matter how much I was worried about not being made to feel special again, I have been made to feel special.

Things are looking up for me again, after a sketchy couple of weeks. I am on the mend. And it's a great feeling.

And with that, I let it go and say goodbye to my short summer fling. Thank you. If you should ever read this (let's hope that you don't), good luck this season, be safe, and above all, have fun doing it.

hehe...we'll always have Edmonton.

No comments: