Well, now we've done it. "It" being our first fight as exes. It's strange fighting when there's no consequences anymore. I don't have to watch what I say, try and back down if I'm made to feel like I'm the one in the wrong. Now I can fight dirty! Hehe...
It all started, of course, after a few drinks...me, 2 ; him, more than 2. He asked if I still had money set aside to fix up my car. Now, you'd think that this would not be reason enough to start an argument over. Wrong. We had this EXACT conversation TWO nights ago. And it was not a brief conversation...it was for 15 minutes! I told him, yes, I did have the money set aside. He said, great, then I'll help you out with it. End of conversation, right? You would think so. It would have been if one of the parties involved had actually LISTENED to what the other was saying. Easier said than done, apparently.
So, tonight, when faced with the same question that was posed to me less than 48 hours ago, I was not so nice in my response. Yeah, maybe it was somewhat childish to answer in the snappish way that I did. But I did it anyway. And it felt good....soooooo good. It ended the argument rather quickly...with a stomp up the stairs and a slam of the door...hey, wait, that was my move. My move when I LOST the fight. How does that feel?
As always, it was turned around, so that it was me that was making him feel bad for having to defend himself to me. Uh, excuse me...I have been MORE than accommodating in letting you use my car for the past month until you get one of your own again. Yeah, it was shitty that your car got stolen, but that was a month and a half ago. Get off your ASS and look for a new one. And then, all of a sudden, in the heat of the moment, it's OUR car, and it should be treated as such? And I shouldn't forget where it came from?
Yeah, whatever. Give your friggin' head a shake. It's my car...sure, I "got" it from you. Somewhere along the line you're forgetting that I traded you my other car, of pretty much equal value. And, no, it's not OUR car. When we were dating, maybe it MIGHT have been considered ours, but ~newsflash~...we're not dating anymore.
Tonight just reminded me of some of the reasons why.
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment