There is something about the first few snowfalls of the season that give me a high. The crispness of the air, the newly fallen blanket of fresh white snow....it all reminds me of my favorite holiday. Christmas!
Now don't get me wrong...I hate winter, and if I had more money and more balls, I'd pack up and run to the sun in a minute without looking back. But there's something magical about this time of year. For me, it's all about anticipation. I think of:
- being out on the mountain on my snowboard
- going toboganning with friends and drinking hot chocolate afterwards
- the spicy smell of homemade apple cider drifting through my house
- the bright lights of my Christmas tree
- wrapping presents in front of the fire
- horse drawn sleigh rides with that special someone
- late night walks during a snowfall
- the smell of Christmas baking
- spending time with family and friends indulging in a few spiced eggnogs ;-)
- Christmas carols by Harry Connick Jr.
- one word- PRESENTS!!!
- shopping for that special gift for that special person
- candy canes
- seeing the little ones waiting in line to see Santa at the mall
I could go on and on, but maybe I'll wait until Halloween is over first!
Yes, I'm a romantic. Could ya tell? I just can't help it....something about this time of year gets me every time.
I'm going to go now....to Starbucks for some apple cider & to look at the Christmas ornaments at Hallmark. hehe
Friday, October 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment