There's someone in my life right now that consumes a lot of my day. And I mean a lot.
Either over MSN, text messaging, phone calls, e-mails, thoughts, dreams...this person takes up a hefty chunk of my everyday existence.
The only thing that's missing from it is actual face-to-face physical contact. Of any kind. And it's horrible. I am a touchy-feely type person. I need to be touched on a daily basis....a hug, a kiss, even just a pat on the head, for god's sake. And right now, I am not getting that. It kills me.
I want to be able to touch this person more than anything, to see if everything that's being expressed is real, or just make believe. I want to know if their physical presence will be just as exciting to me as when their name pops up on MSN, or when I get that "1 New Msg" icon on my cell phone. I want to stand face to face, toe to toe, and feel that chemistry in real life. I want to feel their touch - hands, skin, hair, lips...and a few others as well.
But I don't know if I will ever get that opportunity. Maybe this is all I will ever get from them. There is a chance, but not for months yet. And we all know how many things can change in a few months.
So for now, I will take what I have, and bask in the glow. Because for now, it's what's making me happy. Making me feel alive. And when it comes down to it, that's all that matter to me.
My happiness.
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Consume away. It's like Ben & Jerry's phishfood ice cream. There's no such thing as enough.
Post a Comment