I was told this past weekend that some of my friends are worried about me. It's funny how no one will tell me this to my face, only to someone else who relays it back to me. There are only a handful of people in my life that will tell me these types of things directly to my face, and for that, I love you more than you know.
If you're worried about me......TELL ME! I'll let you know how I'm feeling, what's going on in my head, and all that jazz. Don't sit there and tell other friends about it so that they have to tell me.
In all seriousness, yes, I have been on a bit of a tear lately. Drinking, partying, getting involved with maybe a few more boys than I should (and by involved, I don't mean sleeping with).
But.........you must realize that this is the first time in my life that I have been single and able to do all of this. Nearly 26 years old and I am finally getting to live the life I should have lived back when I was 18, 19, 20....
I am having FUN. Getting to know the REAL me. How can that worry you? I am the happiest I have been in years. I just don't get it...
I guess it's maybe because some of you have not seen me like this ever before and it may concern you. But those of you who really know me....you know just how happy and content and at peace I am with myself right now. Let me have my fun for a little while. I'm a big girl....I have a good job, good friends, I have a good head on my shoulders (well, about most things anyways).
I may seem like I am ready to fall head over heels into situations that are not the best, but I am fairly smart, you know! I know better than to rush into something. I know well enough to try to protect myself from getting hurt. But, it can and will happen to everyone. And it's not like it's something that can be prevented. Unless, of course, you want to live a life with huge walls around your heart....and I am so far from being that way.
So, let me have my fun. If I make mistakes, I'll learn from them. If I get hurt, I'll get over it. If I get drunk and fall down stairs, I'll heal. Hehe.
I really do appreciate your concern. It means a lot to me. But don't try and stop me from living my life. Please.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment