Sunday, October 17, 2004

Magical

It's magical outside. The first snowfall of the year awakens something deep in my soul. I get all nostalgic. There's not much snow out there.....enough to cover the ground. Right now it's relatively unmarred....a blanket of fluffy whiteness that glimmers in the right light.

I head out for a stroll around the block....all bundled up nice and warm. I feel like a bright eyed youngster....everything looks new to me. I turn my face to the sky and let the snow fall upon my lashes. Melt on my tongue. It brings with it the promise of new beginnings for me on this night. I am giddy with happiness. I am full of joy.

I had a meaningful, heartfelt conversation with someone today that cleared my head and warmed my heart. We spoke our feelings for the first time and were truthful with each other. Things are still not ideal, and they may never be. But at least now I know that there is something.....I do not go unreciprocated. And for some strange reason, this gave me peace. I felt a weight float slowly off of my shoulders....felt the tightness of my heart slowly release.

This person has a purpose in my life. I feel much better knowing that now. I am still unclear as to what exactly that purpose is...but time will tell us that. For now I am enjoying what it has to offer...and that's all. Holding nothing back. Full tilt. Heart on my sleeve. Living life....and loving it.

No comments: