...the phone rang. It was Mr. Dreamy.
He's back in Texas, getting ready to start his season. I texted him drunk a few weekends ago. Told him to "stop by on his way down South and get some for the road." And I didn't hear back from him, so I assumed he had forgotten about me.
And then, he calls. I was in the middle of hosting a party at my place. My phone rang, I grabbed it...literally dropped everything and ran out the door. Great hostess, hey? ;-)
So we talked for about 20 minutes....said he did get my message, but he was on the road visiting friends on the way, should have called sooner, etc. Finally told me where he's playing, what he's been doing. That he got his new apartment all furnished and can't wait to sleep in his new bed. I made a crack at that one. I'll leave that to your imagination. Hehe.
He asked how my new job was going (yes, he remembered!), I asked him how training was going. Talked about the weather (mundane, yes, but it got me somewhere!).....at this point he told me that he was sitting out on his patio and it was 80 F. I said, we had heavy frost and some snow yesterday. He laughed at that, said he missed the cool weather, that it was so hot down there. I came back with "I love the heat. Can never be too hot for me"......so what does he say?
"It's hot down here. If you ever get sick of the winter weather, you should plan a trip down here for a visit!" WHAT THE F*CK!?!? I was in shock!
Did I read too much into that? Was he just being nice? Does he really like me? Does he really want me to go down for a visit? Surely it can't just be about sex if he's asking me that? Is he going to call again like he said he would? Should I call him first, or wait to see if he calls me? Is it worth getting all worked up for a guy that lives in Texas most of the year? (But he does come back...very close to home.) Does he like me? Is this really happening?
Yeah, that's how my last day has been. Full of jumbled thoughts...and butterflies! And we all know how much I love those little flutterbies!
He said he gets his computer hooked up on Wednesday and that he'll write me then - as he still has my e-mail from weeks and weeks ago.
So I will wait and see....with baited breath. I know, I know....not supposed to do that. But come on.
I am such a girl.
Monday, October 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment